The Filler Aftercare Guide You Need
Tempted to get another treatment after getting a filler? Learn about the Do’s and Don’ts of filler aftercare.
Immediate Aftercare Instructions
- After receiving any kind of filler treatment, it is important that patients avoid touching the treated area for 3-4 hours following the injections
- Patients are instructed to avoid these medications that thin blood for 5 -7 days after the procedure.
- Applying cold compresses after the treatment to the injection will help decrease bruising and swelling.
How Long To Wait After Injections Before Having Other Facial Treatments?
- Facials – wait 2 weeks
- Enzyme Peels – wait 2 weeks
- Glycolic or AHA peels – wait 2 weeks
- Deep Chemical Peels– wait 4 weeks
- Laser Hair Removal for face – wait 2-4 weeks
- Fraxel Laser Treatments – wait 4 weeks
- Microneedling– wait 4 weeks
- Plasma Pen- wait 4 weeks
- Most patients can resume full activities following injections of Botox, Restylane, and Juvederm.
- Patients are instructed to avoid rubbing the injected area for a day (just to be extra cautious.)
- Avoid Alcohol right after a filler treatment
- Apply a cold compress after filler treatments
- Listen to your esthetician and health care professionals
- Avoid being exposed to high temperatures, hot tubs, steamers or saunas.
- Don’t Take Aspirin or other NSAID (Blood Thinners)
- Don’t do an at-home facial with any harsh chemicals or skin irritants.
- Don’t physically manipulate the treated areas within the week period of your filler treatment setting in.