The principle behind this new treatment is to ionize gases in the air to create a small plasma arc with which the areas affected by aesthetic problems may be treated without unwanted damage to surrounding tissues. The plasma arc causes instant contraction and tightening of skin fibers causing shortening and tightening of skin fibers, thus resulting in the reduction of the skin surface.
How to prepare.
- Wear sun protection creams for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Stay hydrated.
- Avoid retinols, alpha-hydroxy acids, tretinoin, or any type of vitamin a for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Expect 7-14 days of downtime.
Things to consider.
- Burning sensation will soon reduce and anti-inflammatory/anti-histamine medication can help.
- You may have some swelling especially around the eyes. Swelling usually only lasts a few days.
- Ice packs, Cryo Balls and cooled hydrating face masks can soothe and help reduce swelling.
- Occasional weeping will settle.
- Formation of white/brown crusts on the skin surface. DO NOT PICK.
- Crusts will fall off in a few days.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry.
- Use sunscreen if out and about.
- Do not cover with plasters or occlusive dressing.
- Contact for advice if the area becomes hot, red or weeping pus.
- Schedule a follow up appointment in 7-14 days.