Discover why Vitamin C is your anti-aging BFF!
Learn about the benefits of using a daily Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum
Benefits of Vitamin c
- Vitamin C is considered to be one of the most powerful and effective antioxidants!
- Benefits Include:
- Treats hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Provides advanced environmental protection (Vitamin C protects your skin barrier from damaging free radicals such as UV and Pollution).
- Vitamin C works as a hydrating agent. It decreases transepidermal water loss, allowing your skin to better retain moisture.
Is It Safe For Most Skin Types?
- Most people can use topical vitamin C for an extended period of time without experiencing any adverse reactions.
- One must be aware that people who have hypersensitive skin may experience minor irritation and should first do a patch test to see the skin’s reaction.
- We do recommend that before purchasing a vitamin c serum, make sure to read the ingredients label carefully and consider the concentration of the serum.
- If this is your first time trying Vitamin C, it is recommended to start off with a 10% concentration and gradually increase as tolerated.
- Note: Packaging is an important element when choosing a Vitamin C Serum. We recommend choosing a serum that is housed in a dark, opaque glass bottle and makes sure to keep the serum away from heat and light – as this can affect the quality efficacy.
Vitamin C Protects Against Sun Damage
- Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect healthy skin cells by “giving” these free radicals an electron, rendering them harmless.
- For this reason, some people apply it in the morning in order to take advantage of its UV-protectant properties, while others find that it works best as a night serum.
- Choosing to apply it day or night is completely your choice.
How To Use Vitamin C Serum
- Vitamin C serum is typically applied once or twice per day. A good rule of thumb is to cleanse, tone, apply vitamin C serum, and then moisturize.
- It can be safely used in conjunction with other active ingredients, although use alongside niacinamide may render vitamin C less effective.
We recommend that you do a patch test to assessment on your skin for any allergic reaction. Here’s how:
- Select a small area of skin that’s easy to conceal, like your forearm.
- Apply a small amount of product and wait 24 hours.
- If no side effects occur, you can apply them to your face. Discontinue use if you develop a rash, redness, or hives.
- When it’s time for a full application, follow the instructions on the product’s label.
- Vitamin C is one of the most popular serums used for a good reason! This serum will eventually help heal blemishes, reduce hyperpigmentation, and give your skin an out-of-this-world glow!
- Remember that consistency is key to achieving optimal results. The advantage of this serum is that you may add it to your routine in a way that makes sense for you.
Don’t just eat your Vitamin C… Incorporate it into your skincare regime for an overall glow!